We are delighted to launch Let’s Create! An online exhibition that celebrates creativity in all its guises. From the act of making, to appreciating and valuing the work of others we are looking to showcase the breath of creative practitioners working across Devon.
It’s the journey, not the destination that matters
To spark your imagination we have set the theme for the online exhibition as JOURNEY, and we welcome submissions from DAN members that explore the theme in different ways.
What does Journey mean to you?
Perhaps you see the creative process as a journey, where serendipitous accidents and mishaps can open up new creative possibilities. Or, you might feel the act of travelling, whether walking in the local landscape or further afield provides you with creative inspiration. Whatever your interpretation, we are interested in sharing your response, and will show all submitted artwork that fits the theme.
How to Enter?
To feature in the Devon Artist Network online exhibition Let’s Create! please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One high res image that reflects the theme of JOURNEY. All photos must be labelled with your name in the filename, followed by LetsCreate, for example, AnneSmithLetsCreate.jpg
- A short description of the artwork explaining how you feel it represents the theme (no more than 80 words).
- A link to your website and profile.
- Your social media handles (if you have them).
- Your contact information in case we need to find out more from you (we won’t publish this without your permission).
- Please put ‘Let’s Create’ in the subject of your email.
There is no deadline to submit artwork – you can submit artwork throughout the exhibition and we will do our best to feature you work as soon as possible.
Where possible we will feature different artists each week on our social media channels.
Online Exhibition Dates
Friday 23 June – 31 August 2023
If you have any queries concerning the online exhibition opportunity, please contact Sarah Chapman email@example.com
Image: PJEJ Gray, Emerging Artist 2022 Bursary Award winner. Photograph by Jim Wileman.